To help the nation fight Covid, the NZ Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment awarded Core Schedule a grant to support the development of this module through its Covid-19 Innovation Acceleration Fund.
The Core Contingency module is an add-on system to facilitate development of multiple parallel contingency schedules ahead of time that can be deployed on demand. These alternative schedules make full use of Core Schedule’s schedule development tools including Safety Scan rules to ensure shift placement abides by predefined rules, and scaling tools to quickly add or remove shifts from the schedule. The alternative schedules can be developed ahead of time, and, when necessary, be brought forward and deployed.
Being able to plan and manage several different versions of the same roster within
Core Schedule saves days of work in contingency planning and allows for instant activation of a plan when needed.
Core Contingency Features:
- Make and save multiple versions of the same roster.
- Hot swap a contingency roster making it live.
- Make copies of schedules that can serve as templates.
- Analyse cost in terms of FTE changes across different versions
- Prepare disaster contingencies in advance